Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for a NPI Engineer to...
Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for an NPI Production Support Engineer to Support production in the continuing manufacture of existing products. You will be first point of contact for all production issues, general test procedures/methods, test fixtures and problem solving. You will be working closely with NPI and Quality Engineers to ensure design for manufacture and design for test best practice is adopted on new designs and also supporting the Engineering department, assisting with the testing of new designs.
- Act as First Point Of Contact for all production issues and communication bridge between Production and Engineering design teams in the areas listed below
- Own / Maintain all Test Equipment held within the NPI Production Engineering department
- Writing/updating Test Procedures
- Identifying Technical Change, Troubleshooting/investigating issues and managing change through to resolution
- Working closely with the quality team to proactively identify, raise and resolve quality issues with products, production procedures and product test jigs/equipment
- Support and resolve issues resulting from Production Test, Purchasing/Supply, Manufacturing, customer support and Engineering
- Own & Manage Production Test Jigs and Software (including identifying improvements)
- Proactively manage any development of hardware and software requirements identified in production and work closely with NPI Development Engineer to meet production requirements
- Working with NPI and Production to support FMEA reviews and manage resulting actions
- Assist NPI with Productionisation reviews and resulting actions
- Support automation and other waste reduction initiatives
- Implement engineering changes resulting from NPI phase and Production, consulting design authority and all other required stakeholders.
Preferred Graduate level including the following disciplines: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Use of Quality tools: 8D, Root cause analysis, 5y's, etc.
- Interrogating Schematics
- Working with ERP system
- Analogue and digital electronic hardware design
- New Product Introduction (NPI) Continuous Improvement
- Design for Test/Manufacture (DFT, DFM)
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Reviewing BOM's
- Focus on lean / waste reduction
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.