Quality Lead DeesideResponsible for Oversight of all Quality Assurance and Control aspects in the Deeside Electronics cell plus management of specific Quality aspects associated with...
Buyer/Technical Buyer - Deeside
Management of all purchasing and supplier performance activities for OE, legacy, and spares components for the Aerospace industry
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the purchase requisitions for timely placement of purchase orders and sub-contract orders for suppliers as required.
- Ensure appropriate quality instructions and customer requirements are flowed to suppliers
- Coordinate delivery status, communicate internally and manage supplier recovery to support the business requirements
- Manage import of goods with detailed management of ITAR and related customs regulatory requirements
- Identification, mitigation and reporting via the Risk Register with appropriate escalation
- Support supplier selection and assessment using Supplier assessment/RAIL project
- Manage and update Savings register
- Manage supplier delivery performance and associated metrics
- Hold regular supplier business performance reviews and Strategic Quarterly Business Reviews
- Negotiate best cost, delivery, and payment terms. Total cost of acquisition
- Invoice query resolution
- Work with Contract Manager to implement long term agreements
- Deputise for Direct procurement manager when necessary
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5 years minimum experience in aerospace purchasing.
- Inter-operational process management experience, with a good knowledge of purchasing procedures, is essential
- Work proactively with minimal supervision, reporting as appropriate. A high sense of urgency, accountability, and commitment to delivering value to the organization
- Ability to read and translate Engineering drawings and documentation
- Exposure and experience in global and diverse manufacturing and assembly environments
- Understanding of raw material, forgings, machining, supplier manufacturing processes and treatments would be an advantage
- Trained in continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Results focussed
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Previous experience of Syteline and EFACS Business systems an advantage
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.