Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for an NPI Development Engineer...
Marine Service Engineer
In this role you'll be responsible for providing the technical support to both internal and external customers. This includes installing, commissioning and repairing the company's full range of commercial products
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide service when required including troubleshooting, spare parts identification, repairs and maintenance of all equipment
- Write accurate service reports
- Supervise the installation and commissioning for new build ships
- As required, provide technical support to customers and/or other engineers.
- Support service control, coordinator, and other engineers with technical issues.
- Support the Service Agent network.
- Participate in Technical Training programs
- Keep updated with all the Company new instructions on technical instructions, product changes, manuals etc.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct, working procedures, policies, and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management requests.
- To create and communicate process for any duty for which job holder is ensuring involvement from all
Technical job specific skills:
- Minimum HNC Electronics or equivalent.
- Experience of practical fault-finding on complex electronic equipment and systems.
- PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills.
- Ability to work at height or in confined spaces.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weathers.
- Ability to work away from home, weekends and overtime, often at short notice.
- Ability to work effectively on their own or as part of a team.
- A flexible and motivated work ethic.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and installations including planning and costing.
- Good communication skills internally and externally
- Personal background which will allow granting of SC clearance for military contracts- where applicable
- Good English language - oral, reading and writing
- Able to work in full English environment both internally and externally
- Experience in a marine electronics environment.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, automation and machinery control systems.
- Exposure to a wide variety of industry standards e.g. Modbus, Control Logix, Ethernet.
- Installation/Repair/Service of radar systems.
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate. Annual Radio Surveys for Class Societies.
- Driver Licence
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.