An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Manufacturing Company based in Farnborough, Hampshire.We are currently looking for a C# developer with at least 3...
Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for a Stores Person to ensure Company stock and non-stock items are received, stored safely and efficiently, delivered to internal customers with speed, accuracy and in a helpful manner and despatched with care and within specified timescales.
- To complete regular checks of stock accuracy ranging from daily perpetual audits to annual stock takes, involving the physical counting of stock items, completion of update sheets and escalation of problem areas.
- To undertake all goods inward processes including the receipt of deliveries from external suppliers, assistance in unloading stock from delivery vehicles, reconciliation of goods received, accompanying paperwork and Syspro delivery information, escalation of any discrepancies to Buyers in Materials Control, inspection of specified items, booking in of goods within 24 hours of receipt and transfer to designated storage areas.
- To process all internal goods received i.e. from Inspection, Test, repairs sent from Regional Offices or customer returns.
- To create kits of components and parts, for use by the Production Departments, instructed on 'job cards', following printed picking lists, identifying correct parts and quantities following FIFO principles, labelling and packing into boxes either by hand or using appropriate lifting equipment or fork lift truck, ensuring no damage occurs in the process and any shortage or problems are highlighted to Stores Supervision.
- To fulfil email requests generated by the Stores Requisition system within 30 minutes of notification, delivering individual parts, completed 'kits' or ad hoc items to internal customers within Production or other areas of the Company, by hand, trolley, electric buggy or fork lift truck, ensuring vehicles are loaded and driven with utmost care and in accordance with Health & Safety regulations/procedures and that all parts are unloaded in the correct manner to the correct location.
- To pack finished goods, demonstration equipment and product spares for external customers, Regional Offices in US, Aberdeen and Asia, and suppliers, in accordance with Company packing guidelines and in close liaison with the Sales Administration.
- To ensure that the Stores and Despatch are tidy and free from hazards.
- Previous Stores/despatch experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge/awareness of electrical/mechanical parts
- Knowledge of ESD requirements
- Fork Lift Truck driving licence (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Manual Handling regulations
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.