Lead Software Engineer Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products for the Defence and Aerospace sectors. They are looking to recruit...
Software Engineering Manager
Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products used in the Defence and Aerospace sectors. They are looking to recruit a Software Manager, to be based in Edinburgh, to lead the team responsible for the whole software development lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering and analysis, through to product delivery.
The successful candidate will provide oversight of ongoing projects and interface with Product Management, Sales, and our customers to provide a clear strategy and roadmap. He/she will foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team and drive the development of new talented engineers joining the team.
A background in embedded software development and networking technologies is desirable.
In addition to fulfilling the job requirements, the ideal candidate will be capable of inspiring the team and taking it to the next level.
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related subject
- Good level of understanding of embedded software development
- Good level of understanding of networking technologies desired
- An understanding of switch hardware is desirable
- Proven track record of managing projects, maintaining plans and budgets
- Experience in coaching Agile methodologies desired
- Appreciation of the value of Continuous Integration and Continuous Test
- Demonstrable focus on coaching, mentoring and young talent development
- Experience in working through whole software development lifecycle
- Understanding of configuration management practices and tools
- Outstanding communication and customer facing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative and solution-building skills
- Displays curiosity and ability to analyse and drive improvements to processes and workflows
- Ability to travel to the Towcester site on a regular basis and overseas as required
Please contact Faye Jackson on 01327 227015 or 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.