Graduate Software Engineer A Graduate Software Engineer is required to join our team, to develop high-quality software solutions for our networking products. In this role,...
Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products, used in the Defence and Aerospace sectors.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer with a background in Ethernet, networking products, protocol development and Linux is required.
- Design and implement software as part of a team
- Participate and contribute to design, project planning and functional specification reviews
- Ensure that code developed meets quality and design criteria
- Work closely with the OpenWare developers in Edinburgh and globally during the development and release cycle.
- Close collaboration with our hardware designers and production test engineers in Towcester.
- Development and maintenance of software for use during OpenWare test and release cycles.
- Support of manufacturing test and release for products manufactured in Towcester.
- Maintenance of documentation with other team members.
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related subject.
- A good knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc)
- Experience in creating and debugging customer networks
- Exposure to Cisco IOS based switches
- A good understanding of C
- Experience of developing in a GNU/Linux environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative and solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- An understanding of scripting languages including Python, Bash and TCL.
- Some exposure to test frameworks such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Test.
- Ability to work successfully both remotely and in a team environment.
- Displays curiosity and ability to analyse and drive improvements to processes and workflows.
- Some exposure to working in an AS9100 RevD development environment.
- Able to travel when required to the Edinburgh site.
Please contact Faye Jackson on 01329 227015 / 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.