Software Engineering Manager Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products used in the Defence and Aerospace sectors. They are looking...
Lead Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products for the Defence and Aerospace sectors. They are looking to recruit a lead software engineer into their team in Edinburgh.
They are looking for someone to work on software development projects within the focussed team of professional software engineers. Involved in the whole software development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering and analysis through to product delivery. The primary focus of the candidate and the team is the development of software which ensures that switch products meet customers' expectations. The role of a developer may mean working on any part of the architecture which stretches from the bootloader, through to the Linux kernel, filesystem, switch control applications including network protocols and the user interface.
A background in networking and protocol development is a requirement.
- Lead software development projects as required by the project needs.
- Design and implement software as part of the team
- Mentor and support other team members
- Creation and contribution of requirements and input into design, project planning and functional specification reviews
- Ensure that code developed meets timescales for delivery, quality and design criteria
- Work closely with the developers and other stakeholders here in Edinburgh and globally during the development and release cycle.
- Close collaboration with our hardware designers and production test engineers in UK and US.
- Development and maintenance of software for use during test and release cycles.
- Production of documentation with other team members and Technical Authors.
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related subject.
- Experience in working through whole software development lifecycle
- Experience in working in an AS9100 Rev D certified environment.
- An excellent understanding of C and GNN/Linux development environment
- Experience in configuration management practices and tools.
- Development experience in networking protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative and solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Customer facing skills
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- An understanding of scripting languages including Python, Bash and TCL.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Test - frameworks such as Jenkins
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Displays curiosity and ability to analyse and drive improvements to processes and workflows.
Please contact Faye Jackson on 01329 227015 or 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.