Senior Software Engineer Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products, used in the Defence and Aerospace sectors. They are looking to...
Embedded Test Software Engineer
Our client are a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products used in the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. They are looking for a Test Software Engineer with strong experience in producing and maintaining embedded test software. Having recently been certified as NI Centre of Excellence, you will be developing high-quality automated test solutions, which are deployed as part of the Manufacturing process and in support of the validation activities of products.
- Develop and maintain automated test sequences, software, firmware and scripts to validate our products during development and through to Manufacturing.
- Work closely with our Production Department to validate the solutions as they are deployed in the manufacturing environment.
- Provide direct support to our Production Department to maintain existing solutions and ensure timely deliveries to our customers.
- Communicate status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion.
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures.
- Strong understanding of C and assembly programming.
- Experienced in writing test software at hardware / driver level.
- Experienced with writing DOS executables.
- A good understanding of Linux.
- An awareness of NI tools LabVIEW and TestStand
- A good understanding of scripting languages such as Python or bash.
- An understanding of JTAG technologies and boundary scan development for PCB validation.
- An understanding of network communication protocols over Ethernet.
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Methodical approach to tasks assigned.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Awareness of computer architectures and hardware design.
Please contact Faye Jackson on 01329 227015 or 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.