Systems Test Engineer Our client develops integrated bridge management systems for marine vessels. They are looking to recruit Test Engineers to ensure these systems are...
Marine Service Engineer
Our client is a developer of various systems and products used on marine vessels. They are looking for an experienced Service Engineer with Maritime experience to provide technical support to internal and external customers.
As Service Engineer you'll install, commission and repair the full range of commercial and naval products (UK and Worldwide, onboard vessels, customer premises and offshore installations). You'll also perform testing and acceptance during the commissioning phases of defence programmes.
- Provide service in the UK and when required worldwide
- Install, integrate and test existing and new products in support of programme execution
- Conduct installation audits and generate installation audit reports for Customer acceptance
- Diagnose/fix issues on naval platform in-service support contracts
- Support service control and other engineers with technical issues
- Support the UK agent network
- Regular travel within the UK
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other persons around you
- As required, provide global technical support to customers and/or other engineers
- Create and communicate process for any duty
Skills & Experience
- Experienced a Marine Service Engineer
- Customer facing experience
- Understanding of defence contracts
- Experience in a marine electronics environment
- Experience of practical fault-finding on complex equipment
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and networking highly desirable
- Minimum HNC Electronics or equivalent
- PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Radar experience
- Ability to work effectively on their own
- A flexible and motivated work ethic
- Ability to take the lead on projects, installations including planning and costing
- Good communication skills - confident manner and articulate
- In depth knowledge of operation of marine radars, gyros, autopilot, automation, etc.
- Familiarity with BAAN or other ERP system
- Offshore Survival Certificate
- GMDSS GOC
- SC Security Clearance
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.