Software Engineer Are you a Software Engineer with knowledge of C++ programming who is looking for a new challenge? We are working with a business...
Program and Engineering Quality Manager
Our client is a leading developer of integrated management systems and products for the marine sector - they provide these to Defence and Commercial customers. An exciting opportunity has become available in our Mission Assurance Department to provide Quality Assurance oversight across all Defence and Commercial programs.
- Management of the 6x program Quality Engineers.
- Resource planning to ensure sufficient MA resource across all Programs and Projects.
- Set and Maintain budget for PEMA Team.
- Develop the skills and experience of MA Team.
- Support Program and Project activities as required, design reviews, customer meetings.
- Independent oversight of Defence and Commercial programs/projects to ensure requirements are met.
- Prepare and manage new bids within Defence programs.
- Ensure effective audit schedules are maintained across all programs/Projects (Defence and Commercial).
- Review, Gap Analysis of applicable Defence Standards and Regulations (AQAP, DEF STAN, DEFCOM) as applicable.
- Maintain the MED (Marine Equipment Directive) accreditation for commercial projects.
- Continuous Improvement activities to ensure that all applicable requirements are built into the management system.
- Attend Customer meetings in-house and at customers' facility e.g. Quality Reviews, Progress Reviews, Safety and Test Readiness Reviews.
- Management of Root Cause Analysis investigations for customer concerns or internal non- conformance.
- To manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable where job holder has line management responsibilities).
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working on large Government defence desired, however experience of large commercial development programs required.
- Batchelor's Degree preferred otherwise equivalent e.g. HND; in science, technical, software or engineering subject plus relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge of international and defence engineering and quality standards or the ability to interpret various standards.
- Sound knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard.
- Qualified Auditor preferred, otherwise relevant experience of internal auditing and supplier assessment.
- Knowledge of modern electronic and mechanical assemblies and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of software development, integration and test life cycle and methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Required: Security cleared, or capable of it, UK National with no dual nationality.
- Knowledge of document configuration management processes.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.