PCB Design EngineerInterested in working as an PCB Design Engineer for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!A vacancy has...
Product Design Engineer - Medical Devices
Capable product design engineer / designer needed to support the development of drug delivery devices. Working as part of a friendly and well-motivated team, the role may include tasks from all stages of device development from user requirement capture and concept generation through to manufacturing considerations. The primary activities include a mixture of product design and industrial design to set the scope and specifications for new products, plus interactions with suppliers to guide the ongoing development. The role requires a combination of user focus, design communication and planning skills to identify user needs, to predict (and mitigate) design risks and to drive solutions forward. You will need to demonstrate an ability to balance user needs with project and business requirements.
The role is based near Cambridge, UK and may require occasional travel.
- Support the design and development of effective drug delivery devices
- Identify gaps in knowledge of user needs
- Prepare for early-stage usability and market research studies to fill gaps
- Analyse supplier designs to identify areas critical to function, likely failure modes and design sensitivities.
- Produce models and drawings using 3D CAD
- Modify and develop 3D CAD & drawings from non-native CAD systems
- Produce and approve requirement specifications for external suppliers (UK and abroad)
- Design test rigs and challenge parts
- Risk management assessment and mitigation, including input to DFMEA and UFMEA.
- Support supplier design reviews and Internal design reviews
- Assess Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly with internal and external design teams
- Create documentation to support medical device development and industrialization
- Interact effectively with suppliers and other Internal groups
Capabilities and Knowledge
- Expert-level Creo including complex surfacing and associated document management systems
- User focus
- Experience of design with plastic components
- Prioritisation and management of project tasks
- Writing clear reports, documents and presentations
- Critical thinking and trouble-shooting
- Understanding of quality management systems
- Knowledge of injection moulding.
- Experience of usability / human factors
- Knowledge of ISO13485
Education and Experience
- Degree in Product Design or equivalent
- Multiple years' experience using Pro-E
- Experience within the medical device industry would be a benefit
- Experience of design for manufacture within a semi or fully automated environment would be an advantage
- Practical, pragmatic
- Capable of both working in a team and leading own independent work through to a conclusion
- Communicates well with internal and external team members. Articulates ideas and concepts clearly to all levels and technical abilities
- Able to learn and understand new concepts quickly
- Capable of seeing the wider implications of technical decisions
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.