Director of Engineering GloucesterMy client based in Gloucester are looking for an experienced Engineering Director who will provide Engineering support to the business. This position...
Systems, Safety & Reliability Engineer - Gloucester
Due to the award of a new programme my client based in Gloucester are looking for a System, Safety & Reliability Engineer to join their team.
The role involves the full product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI) through to modifying & supporting in service products on various programmes, including Airbus, Boeing, SAAB, Leonardo and other major customers.
Ideally trained to signature level, they will be directly responsible for all Safety & Reliability analysis conducted within the company, and within the supply chain. Working closely with the Product Support Engineer, they will be able to use both internally generated statistical data, and industry standards, to generated Safety and Reliability analyses for all products.
In addition to Safety and Reliability responsibilities, the individual will also perform Systems engineering tasks within the project teams, supporting integration and requirements management.
Requirements of the role
Safety & Reliability requirements
- Initial Safety analysis generation and management through the whole lifecycle.
- Support the Bid and Proposal process by developing Reliability and Safety strategies specifically designed in response to customer requirements.
- Support the development of Reliability and Safety Engineering procedures
- Implement civil aerospace recommended safety practices within SAE guidelines.
- Interrogate Safety & Reliability requirements from the system, subsystem level and allocate to the individual units and components.
- Carryout product and system analysis using bottom up methodologies, such as Event Tree Analysis (ETA), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) to support the design process.
- Perform product and system analysis using top down methodologies, including Fault Tree Analysis FTA) and Reliability Predictions / Reliability Block Diagrams.
- Coordinate with subcontractors to define Safety and Reliability programs and to oversee their efforts.
- Document technical data generated for the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Interpret customer's requirements/specification.
- Produce project control documents
- Decomposition of systems requirements
- Identify derived requirements
- Creation/validation of requirements documentation ensuring integration with wider project team.
- Validation and verification of requirements
- Support wider project team in the management of requirements and ensuring compliance.
- Identify and communicate technical risks to projects stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Contribute and assist in technical design and programme reviews (internal and external)
Requirements of the individual
- Demonstrable experience in Reliability / Safety analysis and Systems Engineering
- Familiarity with ARP4761 & ARP4754 and Defence Standards 00-40/45/49.
- Familiarity of reliability prediction analysis of Electronic Equipment using generally accepted methodologies and failure rate sources such as MIL-HDBK217F or field experience data.
- Able to work collaboratively in a cross-discipline team environment. o Awareness of problem-solving tools (8D, 5Why and other Lean tools).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and experience of other accepted industry reliability and safety applications/tools (ReliaSoft)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity - Self-motivated and proactive.
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Teamwork - Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Engineers [Design/Analysis/Test] to iterate and optimise design solutions.
- Innovative- Able to offer alternative solutions and solve problems o Committed to deliver on schedule.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60 on 01329 227006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.