Systems Engineer We're looking to grow our System Engineering team and looking for candidates to primarily provide system engineering support for the design and development...
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
To provide mechanical design expertise and Drawing Office activities, such as the production of detailed drawings, FEA and Test Reports for new products, or enhancements to existing products. All duties will be performed to the agreed technical requirements, timescales and budget. Typical systems that would be worked on include but are not limited to: EO (Electro-Optical) Heads, Ruggedized Cameras, PDM (Platform Data Management) Systems and SWIM (Submarine Weapon Interface Management) Systems.
- Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes.
- Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings.
- Maintaining the configuration of production drawing packs.
- Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
- Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities.
- Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency.
- Supporting the Project SDA as required.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as required.
- Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Autodesk Inventor (or equivalent 3D CAD tool)
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Microsoft Outlook
- +5 years' experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
- Windchill PDMLink Creo 2.0 or above Finite Element Analysis Tools (Nastran, Ansys)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.