Project Engineer Carbon60 are working with a global organisation who are a market leader in the power management sector. They have sites across the UK...
Role: Mechanical and Electrical Shift Engineer
Location: South East London
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer to work on one of our hospital sites in South East London. You will be required to support the Supervisor and site FM with a lead focus on the processes and compliance across the estate ensuring they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual framework.
Carry out planned preventative maintenance on various M&E engineering services with focus on critical systems to ensure zero interruption to the client's installations. Complete repairs, ppm and reactive works in line with SFG20. Monitoring of all main plant & equipment to ensure a safe working environment for all building users.
12 hour shifts 07:00 - 19:00, 19:00 - 07:00 4 days on, 4 days off.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the M&E engineering services as required on PPM schedule & highlight major defects to management/Helpdesk & implement quotations for repairs, as required.
- Carry out instructions as required, on any M&E works or specific requirements
- Proactively pursue Fix & Find tasks where you identify faults, raise the task with the respective Help-Desk and effectively repair within the SLAs.
- Undertake basic reactive & PPM tasks, which will include fabric, plumbing and mechanical.
- Daily monitoring & responsibility of all main plant & equipment within buildings to ensure designed working environmental conditions are best maintained.
- Reactive attendance to emergency breakdowns plus subsequent fault diagnosis & repair, to ensure the client's business continuity is maintained at all times.
- Completion of PPM & reactive paperwork for works undertaken, plus any additional check sheets.
- Be prepared for inclusion on a call out rota for out of hour's emergency response & work.
- Communicate with both management & client immediately on any H&S related issues applicable to the contract.
- Overtime maybe required from time to time to cover the contract requirementsEssential
- 17th edition , 2391 test and inspect - city and guilds level 3 in electrical maintenance
- Building services - city and guilds level 1, 2 &3
- Mechanical engineering - technical qualifications documentary evidence of vocational training
- L8 legionella management
- Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and experience
- Experience of working in a hospital environment
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.