Software Engineer Are you a Software Engineer with knowledge of C++ programming who is looking for a new challenge? We are working with a business...
Our client develops integrated bridge management systems for marine vessels. They are looking for a Software Engineer to support a major upgrade to an existing Marine Platform Management System and Integrated Bridge System.
Responsibilities include: -
- Develop software for existing platforms - migration from old operating systems to latest operating systems
- Modify FactoryTalk View and WinCC OA SCADA software and Control Logix PLC code
- Produce detailed software engineering technical documentation to meet project technical requirements
- Be in primarily a desk-based role but travel to customer sites in the UK when required
Skills & Experience
- Be capable of SC Security Clearance and a British National
- Have a Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. Control Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Experienced in Control Systems HCI development
- Have an appreciation of PLC based hardware
- Work to a defined design process
- Have Strong IT skills (Networks, domains, OS, virtualisation)
- Produce detailed Technical Documentation to a high standard
- Industrial Control Systems, PLC, SCADA or Marine Defence background
- Ship's Machinery Control experience
- Test Specification Development and Execution within complex PLC based systems
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills
- Experienced in the use of MS Access, Excel, Word, Visio
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.