SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER Our client is an award winning systems design team, working on some of the world's most advanced aviation mission systems. As a...
FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ENGINEER (AVIATION)
Our client is an award winning systems design team, working on some of the world's most advanced aviation mission systems. As a result of their continued success they are looking to recruit a functional safety engineering opportunity to support the on-going development of our bespoke mission systems.
Working directly for the safety lead the main duties of the role will include:
- Conducting safety analysis on company-designed mission support systems, including Mission Planning Systems and tablet-based obstacle warning, navigation and electronic flight bag products.
- Producing system safety analysis reports and safety assessment reports.
- Supporting the on-going maintenance, control and configuration management of all documentation and records relating to the Mission Systems' safety management system.
- Assisting with non-safety engineering tasks including the testing of production systems and assisting Field Support Representatives.
- Assisting project support teams through troubleshooting system issues.
- Undertaking department project activities; and,
- Supporting Mission Systems goals and activities.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant will be required to complete National Security Vetting to Security Check (SC) level which will require criminal record, Security Service and credit reference checks. In addition, UK residency of at least 5 years will normally be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in an engineering subject (safety engineering, systems engineering, electronic engineering, software engineering or numerate discipline) or demonstrable equivalent experience in this field.
- Evidence of sufficient safety-related engineering experience.
- Knowledge and experience of MAA regulatory publications.
- Knowledge and experience of working to the requirements of Def Stan 00-056
- Knowledge and experience of demonstrating functional safety with air platforms and support systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of safety engineering techniques.
- Safety argument development using goal-structuring notation (GSN) or claims-argument-evidence (CAE).
- Functional failure analysis (FFA); failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)/ failure modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA).
- Experience in demonstrating functional safety within software intensive systems and associated standards (e.g. RTCA/DO-178B, RTCA/DO-200A (ED-76), IEC 61508).
- Knowledge and experience in Hazard Log development and management.
- Knowledge and experience of producing system safety assessment reports.
- Knowledge and experience of working with navigation and mission planning systems.
- Knowledge of software development methods and safety-related information systems.
- Knowledge of civil aviation EFB standards.
- Working knowledge of on-aircraft integration.
- Knowledge and experience of stakeholder management within the defence domain.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.