SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER Our client is an award winning systems design team, working on some of the world's most advanced aviation mission systems. As a...
SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER
Our client is an award winning systems design team, working on some of the world's most advanced aviation mission systems. As a result of their continued success they are looking to recruit a
systems security engineer to support the on-going development of our bespoke mission systems.
Working directly for the chief engineer the main duties of the role will include:
- Conducting and security-risk analysis on company-designed mission support systems, including Mission Planning Systems and tablet-based obstacle warning, navigation and electronic flight bag products.
- Maintenance and production of IA documentation, including risk management and accreditation document sets, and security design Documents.
- Review of client system architectures against security standards and organisational compliance (e.g. JSP 440, ISO27001).
- Reviewing, updating, and producing mission systems information security policies and guidance notes to ensure compliance with system information security requirements.
- Assisting with engineering tasks including the development of product security-related deliverables, configuration and testing of production systems and assisting field support representatives.
- Provide product IA advice to system design engineers (SPF, ISO 27001, IS1/2 and JSP 440).
- Assisting in the development of project security plans and cost estimates.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant will be required to complete National Security Vetting to Security Check (SC) level which will require criminal record, Security Service and credit reference checks. In addition, UK residency of at least 5 years will normally be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in an engineering subject (IT, systems engineering, electronic engineering, software engineering or numerate discipline).
- Evidence of related engineering experience.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, current National Cyber Security Centre risk management principles or its predecessor Information Risk Management: HMG Standard Numbers 1 & 2.
- An understanding of the impact of security to system architecture.
- Knowledge of current information security management principles.
- Understanding of the impact security has in the software design process.
- Knowledge and experience of stakeholder management within the Defence domain.
- Experience in working within software intensive systems.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.