Senior Systems Engineer Loudwater As a Systems Engineer, to conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger...
Senior Electronics Engineer
The successful candidate will work in innovative multidisciplinary teams to develop next generation systems whilst utilizing our existing IP to maximum effect. They will typically be involved in the complete project life cycle from concept through to production. Some current projects include the development of a revolutionary Sonobuoy dispensing pod and development of advanced wide area surveillance Sonar.
- Conduct Electronic Engineering design activities and reviews, covering full system, sub-system and individual board design;
- To interpret user needs and requirements and decompose and flow them down into hardware requirements;
- Ensure that the technical solution meets the customer, legislative and business requirements;
- Responsible for providing planning and estimation input into Project Managers at the kick-off of new projects for their own work and that of more junior Engineers;
- Taking ownership of technical work including budget and schedule aspects
- To identify and resolve qualification, certification and safety issues;
- Review and approve project technical documentation, including: Management Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design Documents, Interface Specifications and Acceptance Tests, Approval of design change requests and concessions;
- To support risk identification and mitigation activities;
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior Engineers;
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as appropriate;
- Overseeing initial test and integration including formal testing;
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Electronics or a relevant subject, additionally Chartered status or Professional Registration is desirable;
- Experience of the whole Electronics lifecycle within a defence environment and of airborne system
- Demonstrable experience of a range of board layouts of varying complexities.
- Knowledge of Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools;
- Knowledge of the EMC standards and design principles;
- Significant design experience within an appropriate branch of electronics (e.g. power, high speed digital, analogue, RF);
- Embedded design experience desirable (VHDL, C etc.);
- Familiarity with one or more PMRP and ECAD tools;
- Eligible for SC clearance as a minimum;
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.