SCADA Control Systems Software EngineerOur client is a leading developer of Integrated Bridge Management systems used on marine vessels. They are looking to hire SCADA...
Our client is a leading developer of Sonar and Acoustic technology and products used across various industries. They are looking for an NPI Development Engineer to design, develop and support new and updated test jigs, test procedures, methods and software for use across the full range of products, utilising the latest in innovative techniques and processes and securing maximum collaboration across the company in order to deliver market and customer requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To design and supervise the manufacture of PCB test jigs (manual or auto test equipment) to ensure maximum test coverage to new or existing products while keeping production test time to a minimum
- To develop and maintain excellent communication channels across the Company including Engineering, Production, Production Engineering, NPI and Materials control to ensure best practices, continuous improvement and DFT (Design for Test) feedback is adopted in all new designs
- To write new and make amendments to existing test procedure documentation ensuring key steps in the test are accurately reflected and the test process is successfully communicated
- To drive the development of test equipment and software into safe, reliable and robust working systems, creating drawings, plans and specifications for test equipment. Compiling bills of materials, reviewing electronic circuitry, coding/testing firmware in accordance with the Company Quality procedures
- To contribute to the design stage of products with regular feedback to Engineering to help identify any potential risks/issues to ensure these are resolved before production
- Assist NPI with Productionisation reviews and resulting actions
- Support automation and other waste reduction initiatives
- To work closely with NPI Production Support Engineer to develop suggested improvements in production test capabilities.
- To raise and action OB/ECN and manage change through to resolution
- To manage version control and configuration of all new PCB test jigs (manual or auto test equipment)
- To parallel the development of production test jigs/ equipment alongside product design phase to ensure equipment suitability and completion before production build
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.