Engineering Project Manager GloucesterRole SummaryThe Engineering Project Manager is responsible for execution and delivery of Engineering Projects across the lifecycle, including product introduction, product improvement,...
Supplier Development Engineer - Gloucester
Responsible for the deployment of supplier development and improvement processes across my clients supply chain to achieve improvement in both Quality and Delivery performance and to enhance supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
This supplier facing position is responsible for driving operational excellence within the supply base to support our internal stakeholders, to ensure operational goals and long-term capability can be established and sustained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop plans and ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across the supply base
- Provide expert assessments and advice to suppliers and customers on suppliers' delivery performance, quality assurance, process capability improvements
- Review process and flow of products from raw material phase, through manufacturing, quality, shipping and deliveries aligned to the business needs and requirements
- Identifying impact to business goals and, as needed, to design/ suggest and support any implementation of new solutions
- Identify causes for any poor delivery performance and develop supplier improvement plans
- Drive actions to identify risks and develop recovery plans, to meet with customer requirements
- Actively supports supply chain cost-out projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch, ensuring compliance to process, and coordinating on time submission of FAI's or PPAPs as required
- Create status reports, communicating actions and plans to all required stakeholders
- Works directly with suppliers where Quality or Delivery performance, or business risk demands robust corrective action and improvement. Utilises expertise and a wide range of tools to identify and lead improvement actions including Problem Solving, Auditing, Material Management, and Load & Capacity planning
- Conducts initial Supplier Site Assessments (SSA) to evaluate risk with New Suppliers prior to their addition to the ASL
- Coaches suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D Problem Solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SIOP and Material Management
- Functions as a liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Quality, Operations etc.) to clarify requirements, facilitate communication and drive accountability for improvement actions
- Educates suppliers in internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with manufacturing plans and provide appropriate technical support to assist supplier in achieving their commitments
- Review process and flow of products through the suppliers manufacturing shop from the raw material phase, through manufacturing, quality, shipping and delivery to the customer
- Identify systemic causes for poor delivery performance and develop supplier improvement plans. Facilitate and conduct Supplier Health Assessments, Capacity Analysis and Rate Readiness
- Drive actions to mitigate potential delivery delays by utilising industry standard problem-solving techniques, identifying risks, performing root cause analysis and development of recovery plans to bring shipments back in-line with my clients requirements
- Create daily status reports and communicate actions and plans to all stakeholders
- Prepare presentations and lead meetings
- Completion of any work-related tasks, which would be deemed reasonable of this role.
Job Requirements, Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years-experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain/Procurement preferred
- 5+ years Aerospace experience required
- HNC in engineering or supply chain management, or equivalent
- Knowledge of quality systems (AS9100), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, and PPAP
- Lean/ Six Sigma qualified or equivalent experience - greenbelt or blackbelt
- Strong manufacturing technical knowledge with good knowledge of machining of associated materials and special processes
- Experience of supply chain, supplier development programmes and contract negotiation
- Results focused with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent system skills - MS Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of databases and ERP systems
- Strong stakeholder management experience and a good communicator, both verbal and written
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.