We are recruiting for a buyer to join a large engineering business based in Leeds. This role will involve purchasing a range of engineering products used in the manufacturing process. The buyer should have some experience of purchasing materials and working with suppliers to improve performance.
This position is largely a tactical role but there is progression and the opportunity to become more involved in new supplier selection and management is certainly there.
The buyer is responsible for:
- Ensuring parts are procured in line with company procedures
- Ensuring parts are procured within budgets and in n line with project timeframes
- Converting requisitions to purchase order placements in as timely a manner as possible
- Securing written Purchase Orders acknowledgments from suppliers
- Keep regular contact with suppliers and be comfortable visiting suppliers to confront any poor performance and work with suppliers to improve all aspects of supply.
- Conduct regular supplier reviews to ensure visibility of performance is clear.
- Negotiate terms with new and existing suppliers
There is much more information about this role available by contacting Carbon60 on 01329 227037.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.