B1 Licensed Engineer GatwickLondon GatwickCarbon60 have an exciting new permanent opportunity for a B1 licensed engineers to work in London Gatwick Airport. The successful B1...
Our client is a world leading provider of mobile and in-flight entertainment communication systems used on board aircraft. This includes voice and safety communications, as well as high speed broadband. They are looking to recruit a motivated, passionate, and professional individual to join our Test team as a Test Engineer.
- Autonomously conduct lab-based, and in-flight, testing on connectivity and entertainment solutions provided by a satellite network.
- Conduct customer product demonstrations.
- Execution of the system, acceptance, and regression test campaigns.
- Record test results and supporting evidence in a test management tool (i.e. JIRA).
- Identify and raise defects, for escalation to the relevant parties, including sufficient information to reproduce the defect.
- Assist the senior engineers in the creation of the test report at the completion of the campaign.
- Create test procedures to support system and acceptance test campaigns.
- Work with the field service engineers to support flight AOG testing, when required.
- Assist the senior engineers in the management of all test related meetings.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Communicate effectively, with excellent spoken and written English.
- Produce clear, well-structured documentation.
- Work well within a team.
- Able to work autonomously and have a good eye for detail.
- Comfortable travelling alone and interfacing with our international customers.
- Be flexible and have the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Diligently focus on and complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Able to identify and systematically analyse problems/issues/bugs.
- Have completed a degree in a technical subject or have related work experience.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (TCP-IP/DNS/DHCP/Network Routing/ICMP).
- Able to work on different operating systems (OSx, Windows, Linux).
- Good technical writing skills.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of satellite systems, or telecommunication networks (LTE/3G/etc.).
- Experience using JIRA packages.
- Scripting experience with Python/Batch/Bash.
- Previous testing experience.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.