Carbon60 are currently working in partnership with a world leading engineering company based in Stafford to recruit and experience design engineer/ layout engineer for a...
As a HVDC HMI Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Human Machine Interface (HMI) system of HVDC and AC scheme and will report to the HMI Team Leader within the Controls Software Function (Delivery team for the HVDC).
You will be expected to work within a team to develop the next generation of HMI solution for the HVDC/AC scheme on a project basis delivery. You will use Agile (Scrum) methods and guided by a Project Lead for the project objectives and a Technical Lead as to make sure that the deliverables are following the technical framework. The work will include design, configuration, Unit Level testing and System level testing of the HMI solution on a simulator's lab and at site.
- Actively participates in the installation/configuration/implementation & commissioning of HMI product.
- Ensure product deliverables are developed as per the agreed Quality processes following the product lifecycle
- Contributing in the development of a new generation product
- Work with the established HMI team and within a project specific team
- Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
The candidate will typically be educated to degree level in electrical, electronic engineering or computer science and have at least 3 years' experience in a relevant industry. The candidate will be able to confidently present the technical solutions to a technical group. The candidate will be comfortable in working to tight deadlines, be flexible in working times when required and bring a practical approach to solving problems.
- Educated to degree level in electrical, electronic engineering or computer science
- Experienced in SCADA system, GUIs and API development and configuration
- Understanding of UI/UX concept and its requirements to meet customer standards
- Knowledge of graphical displays and building techniques in a control systems environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of network engineering
- Clear and concise communication style
- Good written and spoken English
- Good SCADA and software skills
- Experience in Microsoft product suite
- Able to learn and develop new technical skills within the HMI role
- Hands on experience on Panorama E2 SCADA
- Good at sharing knowledge and experience
- Microsoft Visual C# with WPF Graphics and .NET Technologies
- Adobe XD
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Flexible with working times (shifts and weekend work)
- Able to work to deadlines with high quality
- Able to work within an established team
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.