IT AdministratorOur client is one of the largest organisations in the facilities management sector, they are undergoing a period of success and expansion due to...
Role: Senior Estate Surveyor
Contract: Up to 6 months (Possibly going permanent for right person)
Hours: Flexible - Monday to Friday
- Under the general supervision of the Property Services Manager to manage the Estates Section of the Engineering and Asset Management Unit.
- To deal with acquisition and disposal of land and buildings, to carry out valuations of Council properties, carry out development appraisals, day to day management non-operational properties and give professional advice to Council Members and Officers on all matters related to the Estate
- To assist in the effective management of the Council's property portfolio in accordance with the Asset Management Plan.
- To conduct negotiations for the acquisition of land and buildings for all Council purposes.
- To investigate and appraise development potential, value and negotiate the disposal of land and buildings surplus to Council requirements.
- To negotiate for rent reviews and lease renewals, to give advice on assignments and other requests for landlord's consent and to deal with letting of non-operational Council properties
- To assist in maintaining a property management database.
- To instruct the Head of Legal Services of terms negotiated for preparation of new leases or variation of existing leases and external legal advice as required
- To carry out day to day management of all types of Council property.
- To carry out valuations of Council owned properties for various purposes.
- To negotiate terms and charges with statutory undertakers for easements, wayleaves, licenses, etc. in respect of Council land.
- To advise other Units of the Council and Council Members when required, on all valuation and property management matters.
- To prepare reports for Committees and Panels together with attendance at such meetings as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Corporate Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent
- Experience in property valuation
- Extensive experience of estates management (min 5yrs post qualification)
- Experience of staff management
- Knowledge of relevant up to date legislation
- Knowledge of Political and Democratic context in which the Council operates.
- Knowledge of the Borough of Hertsmere.
- Knowledge of planning policies for Hertfordshire
Driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Able to undertake unaccompanied site visits, requiring the ability to:
- Travel independently
- Make visual site assessments
- Understand and minimize the risks of lone working
- Access a range of sites presenting various types of land and structures
Able to attend occasional evening and weekend meetings.
Presents a neat and tidy appearance.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.