Environmental Health Officer Port Health, Heathrow 36 hour week, temp contract. (Extensions and other opportunities could arise)We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer...
Principal Environmental Health Officer, Hillingdon , Jan 2020 start - 4 month initial contract. - (extensions and other opportunities may arise)
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Environmental Health Officer for our public sector client.
Rates would range from £38 - £40 P/H (Inside IR35)
The successful Principal Environmental Health Officer will take a lead role in undertaking investigations and carrying out enforcement in a broad range of areas associated with the service.
You will undertake inspections and other interventions to verify food businesses are meeting food hygiene, food standards and/ or health and safety legal requirements, as well as meeting benchmark standards in associated guidance and established codes of practice.
The Principal EHO will contribute to the work of the airport imported food inspection team and undertake official statutory controls including verification of import documentation undertaking examination and sampling of products.
The successful Environmental Health Officer will have:
- Certificate of Registration as an Environmental Health Practitioner or Diploma in Environmental Health (or historical equivalent) recognised by Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) Scottish Food Safety Officers Registration Board (SFORB)
- Experience of working in Local Government in an enforcement role
- Port Health/ imported food controls experience.
- Hold a current full driving licence and have a car to enable you to make site visits throughout the Borough
- Quality Assurance qualification e.g. Lead Auditor (desirable)
- Significant and demonstrable practical experience in food safety or health and safety inspections.
- Investigations and enforcement to include serving notices, preparing papers for prosecution, writing statements, dealing with formal cautions in connection to with food and/or health and safety.
- Have a high degree of knowledge of Food Safety, Health Protection and Infectious Disease and Health and Safety and keep fully conversant with all legislative and technical developments in relation to the functions of the team.
Do you have the experience required? If so please apply as soon as possible!
If you feel that you are right for this job technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please contact me on 01296 311 446 to discuss.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.