HR ManagerContractGloucester Carbon60 are actively seeking a HR Manager to work on a contract basis for a global aviation company based in Gloucester.Role Summary/Purpose:In this...
Category Manager - Gloucester
The Category Manager is responsible for developing & executing category strategies for direct goods and services supplied to my client. The position executes the supplier evaluation, selection and negotiation strategies through deployment of robust supply market analysis and data-based decision making. This is to ensure that all the suppliers selected fit my clients strategic direction, culture and philosophy, together with their best value proposition and supply items sustainably at the best price and highest quality. This position will also interact with the Supply Chain operational team involved with procuring direct & indirect goods and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify key areas of supply chain spend and conduct thorough spend and supplier performance analysis across assigned direct categories
- Assist in the development, implementation and execution of assigned category strategies to fully leverage our procurement decisions
- Execute procurement decisions for direct categories in support of the business strategy and plan, identifies suppliers and arranges optimal contracts in terms of pricing, quality, timing, and supply availability over the term of the contract
- Maintaining an understanding of industry and supply market trends to make recommendations about pricing, competition and supplier optimisation
- Integrate the project scope and requirements, develops request for quotations and proposals with operational team as appropriate, analyses supplier response, negotiates, awards contract and manages post-award supplier activities
- Negotiate pricing, terms and commercial conditions of agreements and manage through the contract lifecycle
- Conduct timely reviews with suppliers to measure performance against contractual standards and performance expectations. Develop and maintain long term relationships with suppliers to ensure a high-quality level and reliable source of supply
- Provide category expertise to internal stakeholders and serve as a liaison to operational functions for assigned categories
- Using strong analytical ability required of this role, to engage and actively manage diverse and complex procurement ERP systems
- Jointly responsible to develop appropriate NPI category strategies with supply chain team
- Work closely with my clients Enterprise teams on category strategy development in key areas of spend with global supply base
- Support in developing wider supply chain team member skills where appropriate and develop effective cross functional working relationships and deployment of best practice
- Identification, mitigation and reporting of supply chain risks
- Close liaison with Direct and supplier development teams to ensure joined up approach to procurement activities
Job Requirements, Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of MCIPS preferred along with a relevant technical engineering qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in direct procurement in the Aerospace industry
- Minimum of 5 years in a category/commodity management role with category spend responsibility greater than £10m
- Experience of developing and deploying category strategies across a regional and global organisation and associated supply base
- Experience of conducting supply market analysis to support deployment of category strategies
- Strong manufacturing technical background with good knowledge of machining of associated materials and special processes will be a distinct advantage
- Good knowledge of quality systems and accreditations within the Aerospace industry
- Strong stakeholder and project management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Task/Achievement focussed with attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to read and translate engineering drawings and documentation
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to deal with all levels of an organisation (internally and externally).
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.