Carbon60 are looking to recruit an Electrical Estimator to work for a rapidly expanding M&E contractor based in the North Manchester area.The Company:Our Client has...
Role: Solar Farm Electrical Supervisor
Location: Manchester and Warrington
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
Rate: £21.12 per hour (Umbrella/Limited)
My client are an established renewable energy company focusing on installing and maintaining solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
With over 30 years' experience in the electrical industry the companies natural progression into the renewables sector has seen us grow from strength to strength.
We pride ourselves on offering a fully comprehensive Operations & Maintenance service.
As a solar farm Electrical Supervisor you will be responsible for your team carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance of solar farms. Your responsibilities will include:
- DC testing and troubleshooting
- Module testing and replacement
- String combiner box maintenance
- String and central inverter maintenance
- AC LV maintenance and repair
- RS485 and Ethernet trouble shooting and repair
- Computer based configuration and monitoring of sophisticated components (e.g firmware updates)
- Ground care
- Conducting site safety inductions
- Monitoring sub-contractors
While you will generally work in the area of Manchester and Warrington you may be required to work on other sites.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Qualified electrician including Inspection & Test
- Fully conversant with BS7671
- Experience of large scale Solar PV
- Full British UK Driving Licence
Desirable Qualifications and skills:
- Ethernet and Fibre optic communications
- Data monitoring systems
- Central Inverter skills/qualifications/experience
- High Voltage (HV) switching (AP or SAP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and orderly working practices
- Analytic nature
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Safety first work approach
The ideal candidate will already be working in the field of solar farm construction or maintenance but we will consider applicants who have similar experience in another sector.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.