A market leading electronics manufacturer is looking for an experienced Sales Support Administrator to join their expanding team in Watford.Initially this is a temporary assignment,...
Role: Machine Control Support Engineer
Location: Mobile Role - Look at any area
salary: £40,000 - £55,000
My client is market leading and respected provider of plant hire services to major infrastructure and construction projects within the UK.
Due to continued success of my client we are looking to recruit a Machine Control Support Engineer for our new machine control division, with the candidate being mainly field based.
- Technical support of all Company Machine Control solutions on construction machinery.
- Pre project planning and liaison with clients to ensure the correct file design and format is created for each project.
- Liaise with clients and ensure the site has suitable connectivity (base station or network i.e. Topnet, Smartnet etc.)
- After sales support and servicing of Company Machine Control solutions.
- Supporting machine control installation engineers in delivering Company Machine Control solutions to market.
- Promotion and support of the Company Machine Control products across all the construction sectors.
- A mainly field-based role requiring self-initiative and good time management.
Successful candidtae will:
- Provide technical support and training to customers for all company machine control products.
- Provide technical support and training for all positioning sensors (GPS, Total station and Laser) associated with machine control applications
- Provide technical support and training for site infrastructure setup and data preparation for machine control applications.
- Provide training to customers with regards to technical issues and support of machine control systems.
- Provide technical support via phone, email, and remote desktop software
- Provide support and training in utilising machine control systems in various site applications for customers.
- To document and generate reports as per the QA system and procedures for all technical events and issues
- Develop a thorough understanding of all Machine Control products and related positioning sensors within the product basket
Education - Qualifications - Experience
- Higher Education Qualifications - Survey/Civil Engineering with 1 to 2 years site experience or associated qualifications and or experienced based industry qualification.
- Proven experience in GNSS systems and software, total stations and laser positioning equipment and the use and application of such technology within the construction industry.
- A working knowledge of Survey/Construction instruments.
- Working knowledge of design and data processing software (e.g. LSS, iCON office, TBC, Magnet)
- Experience of working within the UK construction industry (Civils, Road, Infrastructure)
- Strong coherent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to understand technical or mechanical issues related to construction machinery
- A strong aptitude to technology and associated software developments.
- An understanding of UK construction practices
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability
- A clean UK driving licence
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.