Contracts and Compliance Manager GloucesterOverviewThe Contracts & Compliance Manager is responsible for the company's customer contracting activities, contractual flow-down, and compliance to customer and governmental...
Director of Customer Service - Gloucester
Responsible for aftermarket activities for commercial and military customers worldwide and is essential in establishing a high level of customer satisfaction. This role directs all Customer Service (Aftermarket) activities, including technical support, Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) operations, as well as the management and responsibility for the generation of aftermarket sales and profit growth over the short, medium and long term.
- Strategic planning and implementation, for aftermarket growth within the Fluid Power & Actuation UK & Isle of Man operating company
- Ensures departmental operating costs and profit goals are attained
- Manage the direction, planning, and performance in Fluid, Power, and Actuation Repair and Overhaul as well as spare part provisioning and delivery in compliance with all relevant regulatory authorities including CAA and EASA
- Develop, obtain approval, and execute annual and multi-year business plans for the business unit which fulfils the growth, quality, and financial objectives of the overall operation
- Maintain forecast of spares sales and Repair & Overhaul operations along with operational budgets, staffing requirements, and capital equipment needs
- Ability to assess business risks and develop and execute business improvements
- Manage and analyse market intelligence data to capitalise on opportunities and minimise the effects of competitive activity
- Provide input into customer and strategic presentations including the annual strategic plan
- Ensures Repair & Overhaul operations meet all regulatory requirements
- Ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations
- Promotes Lean Principles and tools to drive continuous improvement
- Exercises sound judgment; displays willingness to make decisions; adapts to changing conditions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements
- Other duties as assigned to ensure company and customer needs are met
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English
- Strong business acumen
- Strategic thought process
- Professionalism in dealing with adverse or difficult situations
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Proven technical, analytical, and staff leadership skills *
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
Required education, certification, and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations, business or a related field; or equivalent experience preferred
- Ten+ (10) years in the aviation industry in an Aftermarket/ Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul Customer Service leadership related position preferred
- Functional knowledge of CAA and EASA regulations, PMA threats and opportunities, and MRO industry trends and market developments.
For more information please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.