An excellent contract opportunity has arisen working for a prestigious manufacturing organisation in the Northumberland region.
The requirement is for an Electronics Engineer to join our exciting and innovative electronics engineering team. This role will require the individual to input to product design, improvements and innovation, producing cutting edge electronics for global use. The basis of the hardware is parallel high-performance computers based on microprocessors and FPGAs.
- Develop digital and/or analogue electronics designs for pipeline inspection tools
- Develop electronics hardware in general, such as power supply boards and test equipment
- Conduct acceptance testing and design proving of prototypes
- Support suppliers with technical advice and interact with sourcing
- Ensure designs meet requirements as well as both time-scale and budgetary constraints
- Produce high quality product documentation according to ISO 9000 and PPS standards
- M.Sc. or Degree-level qualification in Electronic Engineering, at least 5 years of practical work experience in electronics design
- Proven design project experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of hardware manufacturing processes, assembly and test
- Demonstrable CAD system knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of analogue and/or digital hardware
- Demonstrable experience in the use of laboratory equipment, environmental, and in-field test equipment.
- Experience in trouble shooting of hardware
- Ability to work in a global, fast moving team and enthusiasm for leading-edge technology
- Experienced in working in a formal design environment with a version control system and review and release processes
- Knowledge of different processors and FPGAs
- Knowledge of serial interfaces and protocols (e.g. CAN, Ethernet, LVDS etc).
- C-programming knowledge (Microcontrollers)
- Familiar with Technical regulations and standards