Electrical Instrumentation Maintenance Technician 6 Month Contract
Clitheroe £17 - 18 Per Hour
Great opportunity to join a global science and chemicals company, and a leader in sustainable technologies
- To lead to resolution multi- functional problem-solving activities through detailed understanding of electrical/instrumentation maintenance and process operations
- Carry out routine and preventative maintenance activities on the manufacturing plants including statutory testing of safety related functionality
- To optimise productivity, quality and availability of the manufacturing operation part of delivering the production plan during normal and abnormal operation.
- To participate and support in compliance and continuous improvement of EHS standards of the equipment and workshops
- As required, to deliver and validate team training including all relevant standards of best practice within the manufacturing team
- To contribute to team/site improvements in safety, quality, cost and work execution and to support the Maintenance Team Leader in delivery of same
- To undertake installation/modification works of electrical wiring, panels and similar
- The job holder will understand the various specialist trade techniques so that they can (if required) train and mentor the team
- The team member may acquire special skills to meet site requirements. These will include PAT testing, HV Switching, Electrical Isolation principles and any other skills required by the site.
- Individuals are expected to work flexibly and will work various shift patterns to meet maintenance cover demands during abnormal running conditions and shutdown periods.
- The job holder is expected to develop ideas into engineering solutions and to implement these through the modification system
- Manager sets priorities and work at the start of each day
- Problem solving required using computer maintenance management systems Fault finding techniques
The job holder should have familiarity with some or all the following:
HV switchgear motors; motor protection; HV and LV distribution; UPS; battery/DC systems; lighting; earthing; Pneumatic Control Valves, Flow/Pressure/ Level Instrumentation, distributed control systems, Sil rated instrumentation systems
If this role is of interest to you, please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.