Manufacturing engineerSet just off the motorway, it's extremely easy to get there and you won't get caught in any town traffic getting there! Globally recognised...
Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Set just off the motorway, it's extremely easy to get there and you won't get caught in any town traffic getting there! Globally recognised company within the aviation industry. The company manufacture thermal management heating, cooling, environmental control, motion control and filtration components and systems.
The Quality Manufacturing Manager will work across operations, supply chain and design engineering to provide manufacturing engineering expertise in supporting existing and new products, defining new and support existing processes. Have the capability of positively representing the company to customers and suppliers in a technical capacity.
37 hour working week
- Working with manufacturing cell leaders, lean co-ordinator and design engineering to improve process efficiencies
- Implement lean manufacturing methods (e.g. 1-piece flow lines, visual factory) to reduce throughput times, rework/scrap and work in progress; apply (statistical tools and methodologies) where applicable
- Initiate and/or lead improvement projects and CAPEX to enable new process and product introductions.
- Generate and maintain routing/BOM/SOP documentation and "Visual Factory" displays
- Coordinate process tooling design and manufacture
- Leading (suggest changes to and support engineering) and working to ensure the most cost effective manufacturing process flows are defined when introducing new products into operations.
- Pull new products and modified processes into manufacturing/operations
- Lead and work in teams to develop process FMEA, in their construction and implementation.Personal Specification
- Experience of success in a matrix organisation
- Proven experience in a supervisory/ management role within a dynamic operations environment
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements appertaining the supply of product for the Aerospace industry.
- Manufacturing Engineering managing experience in a responsive engineering company
- Proven experience of working within a similar role
- A proven track record of generating and maintaining process maps, PFMEA's and control plans
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff canteen
- Onsite Parking
For the Opportunity to apply for this role and further information, please contact Liam Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, 01329 227 016.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.