Do you have experience working with electrical motors and generators?
Looking for a new position?
Then this may be for you!
Carbon60 are working with a leading maintenance and repair provider to recruit an experience Winder/Fitter for a new permanent position based in Birmingham.
The position will be working on the repair and rewind of electrical more and generators both within the workshop and occasional on site with customers.
Part of this position will involve inspections of large high voltage motors and generators to report on the condition of all electrical and mechanical components including stators, rotors and exciters.
Document findings and report back to line supervisors/managers with options for possible repair and recovery.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Detailing cores and coils.
- Compiling information that will be used for purchasing of new components.
- Performing refurbishments on stator cores this will include burnouts and removal of old coils, flux testing of cores and preparation for rewinds.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding.
- Inspect renewed parts for hidden damages.
Education in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering (apprenticeship, C&G, Degree etc.)
Specific experience working with dimond high voltage coils is highly desirable.
Solid understanding and a proven history working with generators and motors. 2 - 12MW and 30+ MW.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well renowned company that can offer a generous salary, training and progression opportunities' and a great benefits package that's includes:
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
For more information on this positon please contact Carbon60 Fareham's Engineering Team or apply now and one of our experienced consultant's will be in touch.
Immediate starts are available with interviews taking place shortly.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.