Due to expansion, my Oxfordshire based client is now seeking and Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing R&D team.
As such Carbon60 is seeking an experienced Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer who's looking to take on cutting edge and varied mechanical design projects, ranging from motion precision control systems to next-generation defence projects.
The successful Opto-Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Be the main mechanical design resource to a team of optical development engineers. The link between optical simulation and design realisation
- Mechanical design of packaged optical components and systems from conceptualization through production to release
- Develop prototypes, BoM, assist in the production process and development test rigs, setups and tooling for fibreoptic component production
- Lead the design review process for projects
- Work closely with customers and suppliers to advise, develop proposals and deliver products against their requirements
The following skills and qualifications will be essential for success:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or another relevant degree.
- 3D CAD experience using SolidWorks
- At least 3 years of experience in an optical or opto-mechanical design role
- Prove experience and Knowledge of managing tolerances and tolerance stacks
- Mechanical design of packaged optical components and systems from initial concept to production release.
In return, my client is offering a highly competitive package to support a strong basic salary. As well as the opportunity to work on ground-breaking technology, in a rapidly expanding business in the Oxfordshire technology hub. For more information please contact Alex on 01392 420613 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.