Are you currently looking for a new Repair design engineering opportunity in the aerospace industry?We have an opportunity to join an industry leader on an...
Lead Design Engineer - Gloucester
I am currently on the lookout for two Lead Design Engineers, the successful applicants will be working on the full product lifecycle from NPI through to supporting various in-service products. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking working with some of major players in the aerospace industry.
Key duties of the role include
- Leading design activities on various actuation products both Hydraulic & Electromechanical and/or Control Valves both within the Aviation Business.
- Understanding customer specifications and requirements.
- Verifying of requirements.
- Reporting on technical risk to key stakeholders.
- Leading design reviews as well as being a design signature for the products which you would be responsible for.
- Using Windchill to update any engineering changes.
- Leading various teams (cross functional).
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive aerospace design experience, ideally within actuation or control valve products.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering.
- Experience in designing from customer specifications using Solidworks both 2D & 3D.
- Held designated signatory within an Aerospace design environment.
- Good knowledge of mechanical components.
- Understanding of DFMEA/Mathcad/FEA tools.
- Previous use of various problem solving tools.
If this Lead Design Engineer role looks like something which could be of interest to you and is well aligned to your skills & experience then please get in contact with Jamie Birch at Carbon60.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.