Application Engineer Our client is a leading developer of ruggedised embedded computing solutions, built to withstand the harshest environmental conditions. These products are used primarily...
Our client is a leading developer of ruggedized embedded computing products used in the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. They are looking for an Embedded Linux Software Engineer to be able to drive and enhance their Linux development and offerings.
As part of the software department you will develop software and firmware for a range of embedded Single Board Computer and Sensor Processing products. In this role, you will help to guide and enhance processes and development methods, whilst also developing, implementing, validating and testing embedded software components. You will produce and support high-quality products to exacting software engineering standards for demanding customers.
Working in a fast paced environment where multi-discipline teams are operating in tight collaboration, you will be exposed to all aspects of the design, testing and validation of products.
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for a number of Linux distributions such as Fedora, Red Hat and Yocto.
- Provide guidance to other engineers on working with the Open Source Community.
- Provide timely customer support on issues related to Linux implementations.
- Develop key expertise and drive best practice within the Linux development team.
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Produce draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by the Tech Publications group
- Participate in continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Degree (2.1) (or equivalent experience) in Electronics, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience working in an embedded software environment with Linux.
- Strong understanding of C as well as Linux kernel and driver development.
- Strong understanding of scripting, for example, bash scripting.
- Understanding and interest in applying embedded software and electronic hardware to military and aerospace products.
- A demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and DevOps tools.
- Knowledge of modern Real-Time Operating Systems
- Awareness of computer architectures and hardware design
- Knowledge of assembler language
- Willing to travel internationally on occasion
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.