Our client is a leading developer of sensor and radar technologies used in the Defence, Security and Aerospace Sectors. They are looking to hire a Bid Manager to provide bid, commercial knowledge and support across all areas of the business.
As a Bid Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Bid Management - manage bid requirements, bid review meetings, preparing commercial aspects of bids, manage the tender process and contract award process
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, engineering, product, finance, commercial, and programme teams
- Contribute to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Contractual support - preparing new contracts and amending existing ones, supporting contract managers with commercial management
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts in the UK and international defence and security markets
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of bid process
- Good knowledge of UK and International contracting and commercial principles and legislation
- Thorough knowledge of UK MoD terms of contracting DEFCONS & DEFFORMS, with a good working knowledge of the US DoD FARS & DFARS
- Good working knowledge of UK Export Controls and Intellectual Property legislations.
- Good understanding of drafting a wide range of contractual documentation
- At least 5 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Degree Level or equivalent.
- Formal legal training/IACCM would be an advantage.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted