IT Infrastructure Manager
Our client is a leading developer of technology used in the defence and military sector. They are looking to hire an IT Infrastructure Manager to lead the analysis, design, installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of all IT infrastructure across the business.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will lead all phases of IT Infrastructure projects. These activities include:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex technical solutions that meet technical, security and business needs for apps/workloads
- Leading technical discussions with senior IT executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new technical solutions.
- Leading technical efforts in the Initiation and Planning phases of projects. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing, and rolling-out the solutions.
- Translating stakeholder requirements into technical specifications that can be used for development and break down technical complexities so that they can be easily understood by business unit functions and end-users.
- Identifying IT and business resources and other costs necessary to design and develop IT infrastructure. Ensure solutions promote the integration of internal systems. Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing new technologies.
- Executing projects by coordinating resources and timetables with functional departments and IT Infrastructure resources.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as engineering or computer science and/or experience with planning, designing, configuring and supporting large enterprise environments.
- Demonstrable experience of server and network team management required, with management experience performing capacity planning, performance analysis, and development of enterprise private and public cloud architectures.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts.
- Willingness to work after hours for pre-scheduled maintenance as needed. Willingness to participate in emergency response situations of mission-critical components.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted