Lead Software Engineer
Our client develops software used for ruggedized embedded computing products. This team is responsible for all aspects of development, implementation, test, release and maintenance of the software which provides the management functionality for all switch products.
They are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to develop and support and be involved in the complete software development lifecycle. This is an expansive hands-on role, providing the opportunity to work on all parts of the architecture stretching from the bootloader through to the Linux kernel, filesystem and switch control applications including network protocols and the user interface. A background in networking and protocol development is desirable.
As a Lead Software Engineer your role will be to:
- Design and implement software as part of the team
- Mentor and support other team members
- Creation and contribution of requirements and input into design, project planning and functional specification reviews
- Ensure that code developed meets timescales for delivery, quality and design criteria
- Close collaboration with our hardware designers and production test engineers in UK and US
- Development and maintenance of software for use during OpenWare test and release cycles
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related subject.
- Experience in working through whole software development lifecycle
- Experience in working in an AS9100 Rev D certified environment.
- An excellent understanding of C and GNN/Linux development environment
- Experience in configuration management practices and tools
- Development experience in networking protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc)
- An understanding of scripting languages including Python, Bash and TCL.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Test - frameworks such as Jenkins
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted