We are working with a leading developer of Sonar systems used for Naval applications. They are looking to recruit a Programme Manager into their business to be accountable for programme success, delivering against time, cost, scope and quality criteria, along with working closely with customers.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Manage a project management team to execute a programme of work, delivering to time, cost, scope and quality, along with implementing and maintaining robust programme management governance in line with company procedures.
- Develop and lead the delivery strategy across a programme of work in support of business growth and exceeding stakeholder expectations.
- Act as an internal liaison with all relevant departments and personnel to ensure that programme requirements are met.
- Be recognised by internal and external stakeholders as the centre of excellence for all aspects of the programme.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the programme, and ensure contract adherence and scope control across the programme.
- Understand the implications of different methodologies of monitoring and controlling a programme and employ the most suitable methodology within the project management process.
- Lead project reviews, to provide appropriate levels of governance and executive oversight.
- Provide direction and support to Project Managers and members of Project Teams, identifying solutions when required and coaching members to achieve objectives
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent preferred.
- Significant proven experience in successfully managing and delivering complex engineering programmes.
- Experience of managing Project Managers and large project teams.
- Experience of preparing and managing bids.
- Background in the defence industry or similar complex technology domain.
- Expert in delivering risk and opportunity management
- Strong knowledge of advanced Project Management tools and techniques including Earned Value Management and Schedule Risk Analysis including implementation, analysis and rectification.
- The successful candidate must be capable of achieving security (SC) clearance as a minimum.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted