Principal Software Engineer
Our client is a leading develop of software application used across defence applications. They are looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer who has strong technical skills across the full spectrum of the software development lifecycle. The development role will contribute to a wide range of projects and applications in the underwater battle space arena.
- Requirement Analysis
- Software architectural and detailed design - UML
- Design implementation - C++
- Formulation of integration and test strategies
- Managing work packages
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
- Technical leadership
- Working with Analysts to develop processing algorithms
- Production of formal documentation throughout the development lifecycle including requirements specification, detailed design and test
- Planning and estimating
- Configuration management - SVN, WindChill
- Adherence to company engineering processes
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- C++ (or other high level OO programming language) in a multi-threaded implementation environment
- Windows / Linux
- UML - Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
- GUI ergonomic design and development
- Digital signal processing (audio/image processing/sonar/radar)
- Real time operating system development environments
- Understanding of networking (TCP-IP, Serial etc.)
- A demonstrable ability to technically lead a small team is an essential characteristic for this role.
- Driving Licence
- Must have or be able to attain SC level security clearance
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted