Test Systems Manager
Our client is a leading developer of products supplied into the defence sector. They are looking to hire a Test Systems Manager to manage the Test Systems Department to achieve delivery of required Test equipment within budget and to Project Timescales.
- Development, construction and procuring of Production Test Equipment in line with the requirements defined by Engineering. The solutions generated: to benefit for purpose, robust and cost effective. This will involve specifying Hardware, developing Software, commissioning programming PCBs.
- Ensure Test Equipment complies with Company Health and Safety guidelines, this includes organising safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure Test Documentation, User Manuals and Build Records are kept updated.
- Write, approve and issue Test Specifications/ Procedures according to the Company Document Configuration Processes.
- Work with Engineering to help resolve technical issues that may arise during the development of a product.
- Monitor the test times within the product cost: where appropriate, Implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements.
- Manage and plan the department workload, this includes resourcing and resolving priority conflict issues. Reporting on estimated delivery dates and adherence to costs targets.
- Work with the supplier base delivering to Operations, to assess if they have appropriate test equipment.
- Represent Test at Design Reviews and Project Meetings; to -ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and designs are optimized in line with OFT considerations.
- Manage direct reports, highlighting any development/ training needs and monitoring 1f targets are being met.
- Manage third part test equipment suppliers.
- Attend Production daily stand-ups, giving status updates on priorities. resources, equipment, documentation and user training.
- Provide Test operator training on product testing and fault finding.
- Take responsibility for in-house Test equipment, ensuring it is fully logged, labelled, calibrated, serviced and safety tested
- Demonstrable experience with Development/ Provision/ Management of Test Faciliti.es, ideally within the Defence
- Experience of Departmental Management, e.g. control departmental budget and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Knowledge of Analogue and Digital electronics, Signal Processing and RF Techniques.
- Knowledge of appropriate programming applications (e.g. NI LabVIEW ) and ATE hardware (GPIB, PXI and USB based hardware) is essential.
- SC level Security Clearance is mandatory for this role
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted