Lead Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of embedded computing products for the defence and military sectors. They are looking to hire a lead Software Engineer with extensive embedded Linux experience into their business to drive and enhance their Linux development and offerings.
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for a number of Linux distributions such as Fedora, Red Hat and Yocto.
- Provide guidance to other engineers on working with the Open Source Community.
- Provide timely customer support on issues related to Linux implementations.
- Develop key expertise and drive best practice within the Linux development team.
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Produce draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by the Tech Publications group
- Participate in continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
- Degree (2.1) (or equivalent experience) in Electronics, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience working in an embedded software environment with Linux.
- Strong understanding of C as well as Linux kernel and driver development.
- Strong understanding of scripting, for example, bash scripting.
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- A demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and DevOps tools.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted