Contract Software Engineer
Our client is a leading systems integrator and solution provider within the defence and aerospace sectors. They are looking for a Software Engineer to join them on a contract basis to work on various projects such as sonar applications, torpedo counter measures, long range detection and surveillance systems.
Due to the nature of the work you should be eligible for SC security clearance.
- Requirement Analysis
- Software architectural and detailed design - UML
- Design implementation - C++
- Formulation of integration and test strategies
- Working with Analysts to develop processing algorithms
- Production of formal documentation throughout the development lifecycle including requirements specification, detailed design and test
- Configuration management - SVN, WindChill
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- C++ (or other high level OO programming language) in a multi-threaded implementation environment
- Windows / Linux
- UML - Enterprise Architect or Rhapsody
- GUI ergonomic design and development
- Digital signal processing (audio/image processing/sonar/radar)
- Real time operating system development environments
- Understanding of networking (TCP-IP, Serial etc.)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted