Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer of solutions and systems into the defence and aerospace sectors. They are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer on a contract basis to work on software solutions hosted on Linux platforms. You will be required to provide Linux expertise and will be working on a sonar system for a wide range of applications.
Due to the nature of the work you should be eligible for SC security clearance.
- Linux Operating System configuration
- Linux application development and deployment
- Defect investigation and defect resolution
- Support of integration and verification activities
- Accountable for cost and schedule of assigned work
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Red Hat Linux application development - Essential
- Red Hat configuration including production of Kickstart files - Essential
- C++ or Java Development - Essential
- Linux device driver development - Desirable
- Linux Device Driver porting - Desirable
- Red Hat certification (RHCSA, RHCE) or similar - Desirable
- Hands on experience of DevOps practices and tools - Desirable
- VMware - Desirable
- RTI DDS Experience - Desirable
- IP Network design and optimisation - Desirable
- Proficient with a variety of Software Configuration Tools including SVN and GIT - Desirable
- Sonar background - Desirable
- Degree in engineering, computer science or related subject
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted