Sector - Housing
Responsible for the operational supervision of trades and labour, working in the housing sector in the area of Brighton, East Sussex. Good understanding of construction and maintenance
- Responsible for the operational supervision of Operatives & Trade Apprentices,
- Supervise, manage and monitor completion of all works via ongoing site visits including clear audit notes/good quality photographs on PDA's/Tablets
- Communicating with the planning team, ensure works are adequately resourced, are being effectively delivered to set quality standards, completed on time and with the appropriate materials.
- Attend pre-inspection of works for more complex repairs
- Attend post-inspection of works where sign-off may be necessary,
- Manage sickness, absence, annual leave & missed appointments by updating diaries & spreadsheets as required and ensuring the Planning team are aware of such absences and able to reallocate work as necessary.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to H&S regulations, standard operating procedures, values and quality assurance
- Carry out regular toolbox talks with Operatives & Trade Apprentices as necessary and addressing any training needs.
- Significant site supervisory experience in a trade environment/building construction/maintenance industry linked to social housing
- Significant experience of managing, monitoring, recording and reporting of health & safety and compliance
- Significant line management of Operatives/skilled workers and/or Apprentices
- City & Guilds or equivalent in a trade disciplin
- SMSTS qualified
- Significant knowledge of all relevant building regulations
- Health & safety knowledge, including COSHH
- Asbestos knowledge
- First Aid at Work Certificate
This is a great opportunity for a supervisor to start a career within a housing sector industry - Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week temporary to permanent position paying Circa £16ph PAYE
To apply please contact Craig McIntyre - email@example.com
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted