TIG Welder Southampton Area
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a TIG Welder to work on a 6 month contract based in the Southampton area.
Our client is looking for a skilled aerospace welder/brazer in the sheet details department. The successful applicant will have ideally completed an NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in Engineering processes such as Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering and have basic understanding of materials utilised in the aviation industry and related processes.
- The ability to manually TIG weld various types of metallic components including aluminium alloys, in accordance with aerospace standards.
- Have held certification in accordance with, or equivalent to CAA's BCAR A8-10.
- Undertake other welding methods to support the business when necessary.
- Set up and operate automatic seam welding equipment and undertake any necessary post weld validation.
- To operate as part of a team and working closely with quality and engineering.
- Process, interpret and evaluate components to customer specifications.
- To read work instructions, specifications and part drawings (accessed via PC)
- A working understanding of the NADCAP accreditation process.
- Must have the capability to carry out manual brazing and OA welding techniques on aluminium alloys.
- Will be subject to successful approval of periodic welding / brazing test pieces as required
Summary of contract details:
- Start: ASAP
- Length: 6 months initially
- Rate: Excellent rates available
- Shift: Monday - Friday
For more information regarding this contract, please call Stacey Plum on 01392 227009 or email Stacey.email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted