Our client is a leading developer of maritime navigation and surveillance radar products. They are looking to hire a Principal Mechanical Engineer to provide expert knowledge of mechanical design, test and certification of hardware based systems.
- To provide Mechanical Design input to all mechanical design activities including Thermal Design, Shock, Vibration, Mechanical Integrity and Safety aspects
- To provide technical input to the supply chain with regard to supplier selection and outsourcing activities relating to Mechanical Design
- To provide technical input in terms of Design for Manufacture and Customer Service support
- To provide technical management of projects which have significant Mechanical Design content
- To provide Mechanical Engineering design support to products in the field
- Assist in the Design Review and New Product Introduction process including Design for Manufacture.
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required, and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Design background with a sound understanding of Design For Manufacture and Production Engineering considerations
- Sound understanding of Mechanical Drawings
- Electrical and Electronics understanding desirable but not essential
- Project /task management skills
- Analysis of mechanical structures using FEA and CFD to support design input to the Engineering team is desirable.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted