Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Field Engineer on a contract basis to join well know industrial engineering company who have won a large water/utilities project as part of the new AMP7 period. The project covers the entire Thames region but will be based on out Greenford (just outside of Wembley).
Working across various sites across the Thames region this position will servicing, breakdown and repair of all mechanical equipment within water treatment centres. Due to the nature of the work that may need to be completed for the majority of the time this mechanical position will be accompanies with a electrical technician as well.
A strong background in maintenance or field service is highly beneficial as this role will require the successful candidate to be able to investigate issues and problem solve when on site and be able to work with minimal supervision.
When not on site you will be assisting with mechanical projects within the workshop in Greenford.
Based on a standard 40-hour week this position is full time with overtime at an increased rate available.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repair, installation and service of mechanical equipment.
- Working on equipment such as pumps, motors, valves and pipework
- Installation of new equipment.
- Working both on site and within the Greenford workshop.
- On call rota.
- Working from detailed technical schematics.
- Previous experience within the water/utilities sector is essential alongside knowledge of pumps.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Certification in relevant mechanical field e.g. HNC/HND or NVQ
- Full Drivers licence
- Thames Water Passport or Water Hygiene card is highly desirable however this can be provided.
These positions will initially on a 6 month contract basis.
Interviews will be held shortly with immediate starts available.
For more information on this please contact the engineering team at Carbon60 Fareham.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted