Software Architect - Earth Observation
Our client works in the field of Space Systems and operations, along with Geo-Information. The company are looking to fill a diverse and critical role to support their Space Systems architecture work.
This role offers a competitive package covering salary, generous holiday allowance, training plan and more. The company are operating a flexible working policy which will include some home working.
Duties & Responsibilities
- System Design Authority - responsible for the design of EO data storage, processing and exploitation systems
- Plan and execute Integration and Test campaigns
- Production of documents (technical and also development plans)
- Preparation and participation in technical reviews
- Preparation of proposals to win new work including:
- Understanding of the technical requirements and the context within the overall project scope.
- Specification of the solution, trading off alternatives
- Writing clear, concise, technical proposals to express the solution and its benefits to the client
- Software Development
- On occasion the role can require hands-on software development support to projects (e.g. coding of critical areas, code review, prototyping/validating approaches &frameworks to be adopted).
Qualifications & Experience
- University Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline with software modules. The candidate should also have commercial experience of software development, preferably in a geospatial domain
- Requirements analysis
- Software system design using modern architectures
- Configuration management (Git source code control)
- Agile software development methodology
- Linux development
- Resource Oriented Architecture Development (REST)
- User Identification, Authentication and Authorisation (e.g. SAML, OAUTH, OIDC)
- Continuous integration/deployment environments (e.g. Jenkins)
- Virtualisation / cloud based computing
- Containers and Orchestration (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Team player, open and keen to contribute
- Conscientious, hard working
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of earth observation data types, exploitation platforms and processing
- Knowledge of OGC Standards (e.g. WPS, WMS, WFS, WCS)
- Technical proposal writing
- Integration and Test
- Big Data Processing & Frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Big Data Databases (e.g. HDFS, other non-SQL)
- Scripting (e.g. shell, Perl, python)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted